Australia Fire Industries is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information held about individuals in accordance with the applicable laws. “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, as defined by applicable law. Australia Fire Industries has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the relevant Australian and New Zealand privacy laws.
This policy applies to Australia Fire Industries Pty Ltd (ABN 69 163 559 395) and its subsidiaries (“Australia Fire Industries” or “we” “us” or “our”) and describes the way that Australia Fire Industries collects, holds and discloses personal information about individuals. This policy forms part of our Terms and Conditions for use of this website and other websites operated by us.
Privacy statements in relation to our websites and in relation to calls received by our Consumer Enquiries line are also incorporated into this policy.
Why does Australia Fire Industries collect my personal information?
Australia Fire Industries collects and holds your personal information to allow it to perform its business functions. For example, Australia Fire Industries may collect your personal information to enable you to participate in a Australia Fire Industries promotion, for the uses listed below or to allow Australia Fire Industries to market its current and future products and services to you.
What personal information does Australia Fire Industries hold?
During the course of our business, we may collect personal information from you. If you are a customer of Australia Fire Industries distributor or franchise owner, we may also collect information about you from the distributor or franchise owner.
The types of personal information Australia Fire Industries collects will depend on the nature of your dealings with Australia Fire Industries and may (but does not always) include:
- Your name;
- Date of birth;
- Personal and/or work contact details (including phone/fax number/email address, business name and authorised representative name and contact details, address);
- Your product preferences and purchase history;
- Any information about you which you provide through promotions, competitions or customer surveys; and/or
- Payment details (e.g. credit card number).
If necessary, Australia Fire Industries may also ask you to provide it with additional personal information from time to time, including when you call our Consumer Enquiries line.
What if you don’t provide Australia Fire Industries the personal information it requires?
If you can’t, or won’t, provide Australia Fire Industries with the personal information it reasonably requires, Australia Fire Industries may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
How does Australia Fire Industries collect my personal information?
Australia Fire Industries tries to collect personal information directly from you. That collection generally occurs when you:
- Request information from, or have dealings directly with Australia Fire Industries or one of its related companies;
- Participate in a competition or trade promotion conducted by Australia Fire Industries or one of its related companies;
- Participate in a survey conducted by Australia Fire Industries or one of its related companies;
- Purchase tickets or merchandise from a website operated by Australia Fire Industries or one of its related companies;
- Access or request information from Australia Fire Industries website or the website of one of its related companies; or
- Provide information to Australia Fire Industries customer service call centre.
In some circumstances however, Australia Fire Industries may also collect your personal information from other entities covered by this policy or third parties (including Australia Fire Industries distributors or franchise owners), but where it does so, it will ensure that it acts in accordance with relevant privacy laws.
Australia Fire Industries will such take steps as are reasonable in the circumstances (if any) to ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which it collects your personal information. Such notification may be from an Australia Fire Industries distributor or franchise owner where your information is collected (for disclosure to, or on behalf of, Australia Fire Industries) by such an entity.
How does Australia Fire Industries use my personal information?
Australia Fire Industries uses your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, including (but not limited to):
- Providing you with the Australia Fire Industries goods or services you request;
- Promoting and marketing Australia Fire Industries current and future products and services (including to you);
- Informing you of upcoming events, special promotions and offers, discounts and other matters which Australia Fire Industries considers may be of interest to you;
- Conducting research (including but not limited to client surveys) concerning Australia Fire Industries current and future products or services;
- Administering, reviewing and optimising the performance of Australia Fire Industries distribution network (including allocating customers to distributors/franchise owners) and improving the effectiveness of any software used by the distribution network; and
- Improving the operation or navigation of Australia Fire Industries website.
Australia Fire Industries may also use your personal information for other purposes which are related to those listed above and which will be made clear to you at the time Australia Fire Industries collects that information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
If Australia Fire Industries uses your personal information for direct marketing purposes, all correspondence sent to you by Australia Fire Industries will give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving any further direct marketing correspondence. If we use your personal information to send you any direct marketing communications, you have the right to request that we provide you with the source of that personal information. There is no fee for requesting this information. Unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do so, we will provide you with the source of the personal information.
Australia Fire Industries Consumer Enquiries Privacy Statement
- Customer Service: Australia Fire Industries will use the personal information you provide during Calls to assist in answering your query or addressing your complaint. This may include using the information you provide to contact you following the Call in response to your query or complaint.
- Quality: If your query or complaint relates to the quality of products or services provided by a Australia Fire Industries stockist or distributor then the personal information may be used to address that issue with the stockist or distributor in question. Generally, it will not be necessary to identify you when the complaint is raised with the stockist and distributor. If it is necessary, we will seek your consent first.
- Training: Australia Fire Industries may use the recording of the telephone conversation for internal training purposes.
- Verification: If you have a complaint in relation to the quality of Australia Fire Industries products then Australia Fire Industries may retain the recording of the telephone conversation for verification purposes. Australia Fire Industries may also disclose the recording to third parties, including its professional advisors, in order to address the complaint or any action you may take in relation to the complaint.
Will Australia Fire Industries give your personal information to anyone else?
- In providing you the information, goods or services you request, Australia Fire Industries may be required to disclose your personal information to:
- Australia Fire Industries related companies;
- Australia Fire Industries consultants, contractors and service providers performing services including (but not limited to) promotions agencies, advertising agencies, legal and accounting services, credit reporting, mail-house, transport, prize providers, marketing, data analysis and processing and printing services; and/or
- Australia Fire Industries distributors/franchise owners.
which may operate or hold data in Australia or in overseas countries which may include (but are not limited to) New Zealand, the United States of America and Japan. If Australia Fire Industries provides your personal information to such a party, Australia Fire Industries generally requires the third party to protect your personal information in the same way Australia Fire Industries does. Please note that Australian law may not apply to some of these entities.
Australia Fire Industries may also disclose your personal information to other third parties where it is required or permitted to under any applicable law.
Is my personal information secure?
Australia Fire Industries takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is protected from risks such as misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure.
No data transmission over the internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to Australia Fire Industries over the Internet (including via email) is sent at your own risk.
Your rights of access and correction
The accuracy of your personal information is important. Australia Fire Industries takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that any personal information Australia Fire Industries holds about you is incorrect, please contact us on or email@example.com
You have a general right to access the personal information Australia Fire Industries holds about you. You may contact our Consumer Enquiries line on or firstname.lastname@example.org to request details of your personal information. Australia Fire Industries can deny your request in some circumstances and if it does so, will provide you with written reasons for that denial. We will take reasonable steps to give access in a way that meets both Australia Fire Industries needs and your needs.
While there is no fee for requesting access to the personal information Australia Fire Industries holds about you, Australia Fire Industries reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you.
You also have the right to request the correction of personal information which Australia Fire Industries holds about you. You may do so at any time by contacting our Consumer Enquiries line on or email@example.com. Australia Fire Industries does however reserve the right to refuse to correct your information in some circumstances. If Australia Fire Industries refuses to correct any personal information about you, and subsequent agreement cannot be reached between the parties on this issue, you may request that a note or statement regarding the correction requested be attached to your personal information. We will not charge you a fee for requesting a correction to your personal information, correcting that information or for attaching a statement to your personal information (as relevant).
Even if you don’t submit such a request, if we are satisfied that, having regard to the reasons for which we hold your personal information, that personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, we may take reasonable steps to correct that information.
How do I obtain more information or lodge a privacy complaint?
- Have any concerns or a complaint regarding Australia Fire Industries privacy practices or its management of your personal information; or
- Consider that we have breached the APPs,
We acknowledge and take very seriously every privacy query and complaint that we receive. Australia Fire Industries will endeavour to respond to you within 20 business days.
If you’re not satisfied with how we have handled your matter, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page.